EB Institute reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided to you on the Website at any time. Sections of the Website may be restricted to certain users at any time.
You may only use the Website for lawful purposes. You undertake to make appropriate and legal use of the Website and its content in accordance with legislation, these Terms, moral rectitude, generally accepted good practice and public order. You shall not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- To transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- To cause damage to the physical or logical systems of EB Institute, its suppliers and third parties
- To attempt to access, use and/or manipulate data
- To reproduce or copy, distribute, permit public access via any form of public communication, transform or modify the content, unless with prior authorization
- To suppress, hide or manipulate the notes relating to intellectual property rights and other information that identifies the rights of EB Institute or third parties that are attached to the content, or to supress, hide or manipulate any technical protection devices or any other information mechanisms that may be inserted in the content
Any user who wish to establish a hyperlink or link between their own website and the Website must obtain prior authorization from EB Institute.
Restricted Access Area
In order to access and use the restricted access area, you must previously have registered as users of EB Institute and use the passwords provided for this purpose.
Registered users shall at all times be responsible for the safekeeping of their password, and shall therefore be liable for any damage that may result from its improper use or from its being forwarded, disclosed or mislaid. To this end, access to restricted areas and/or any use of content that is made using the password belonging to a registered user shall be understood to have been effected by the said registered user, who shall be liable in all cases for this access and use. Registered users may change their passwords at any time by sending a direct request to EB Institute. In the event that they forget their password, or in any other circumstance involving the risk that the content may be accessed and/or used by unauthorised third parties, you must immediately inform EB Institute so that it may block the password in question and replace it.
Intellectual Property Rights
You hereby acknowledge and accept that all intellectual property rights pertaining to the Website, its source code, design, browser structure, databases, content and/or any other elements included in the Website (trademarks, logos, trading names, texts, images, graphics, designs, sounds, databases, software, flow charts, presentation, look and feel, audio and video) are the property of EB Institute and/or third parties.
Under no circumstances shall access to the Website imply any kind of waiver, transfer, licence or grant of the said rights, whether wholly or in part, unless expressly otherwise established. These present Terms of the Website do not grant you / users any right to use, alter, exploit, reproduce, distribute or publicly broadcast the Website and/or its content other than the rights that are expressly set out for each piece of content or, in the absence of any such mention, in these Terms. The use or exploitation of any rights in any other way shall be subject to prior express authorisation, specifically granted to this end by EB Institute or by the third party that owns the rights affected.
The content on the Website is maintained locally, at departmental and other levels. The content of the Website is overseen by the EB Institute Web Team, however not all webpages within the main website are controlled centrally.
The content on the Website is provided ‘as is’, and without warranties, representations or undertakings. EB Institute tries to ensure that the content and information available on the Website is accurate at the time of publication but it does not warrant that this is the case. Nothing on the website constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
Any links within the website to third party websites are not checked by EB Institute and EB Institute bears no responsibility for the content of external sites. If you access external sites through the website, you do so at your own risk.
EB Institute permits its students and staff to maintain personal pages on the Website, and associated sites. Any views expressed on these pages do not necessarily represent the views of the EB Institute.
We make no guarantees that the website is free from so called computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading it or its contents
EB Institute accepts no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from your use of the Website including: any reliance you might place on the content of the website; use of or inability to use the website; the downloading of any materials from the website; or any unauthorised use or access to the website.
Governing Law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Luxembourg and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Luxembourgish courts.
Questions and suggestions
Updated April 2019