The website https://www.sportsbusinessmba.net/ (the “Website”) is owned and controlled by Euroleague Properties SA, a company registered in 60 Grand-Rue, L-1660 Luxembourg (the “EB Institute”).
This statement outlines the information gathered during your visit to the EB Institute’s central web servers and explains how this information is treated.
EB Institute does not automatically capture or store personal data from visitors to the Website, other than to log your IP address and session information. Session information includes the time and duration of your visit to the site, the files requested, and the browser used. This information will only be accessed by authorized persons of the EB Institute or its agents and collaborators. The information will be retained by EB Institute and will only be used for the purpose of (a) managing the Website system, (b) the identification of broken links, and (c) for statistical and audit purposes.
However, if you choose to request information from this site you will need to pass personal data to EB Institute through this site. Where you actively provide personal data to EB Institute (for example, by completing a web form or signing up for a course) this data will be used only for the service you have requested unless you consent otherwise at the time of submitting the data.
The Data we hold
All data is stored in a database owned by Euroleague Properties SA with postal address at 60 Grand-Rue, L-1660 Luxembourg. In case you register to a course that is managed jointly by EB Institute together with another institution (i.e., University), your data will be shared with said institution only for the purposes of managing your participation in the course. We will always inform you in case this applies.
In this sense, it may be necessary to share some of your information to trusted third parties that may be based outside the EEA. We will seek your consent to use data for these purposes and ensure these third parties provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with the data protection laws.
We hold the following types of information about our students:
- Name, title, gender and date of birth if we have it.
- Your preferred postal address and any known previous address, as well as email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Economic and financial data.
- Your EB Master qualifications or those gained from predecessor institutions. For some students we may hold course information and details of your membership of clubs, societies and alumni groups as well as any scholarships or awards held as a student.
- Your career highlights or other achievements, including media articles.
- A log of our interactions with you, including agreed notes from any meetings with you, communications we have sent or if we have received communication from you, or if we have invited you to an event and any event attendance.
- Communication preferences, or if you have told us you do not want any contact from us.
- Business details, such as job title, employer/company name and contact information.
You may occasionally be asked to provide personal information to gain access to specific services. The processing and retention of this information will be explained at the point of collection.
How we use your Data
We will use your details to manage your inscription and/or participation in the course, as well as the admission procedure (which may include arrangements with official and/or necessary organizations and tests, which includes the creation of profiles) and the evaluation, scholarships or financial aids of students (which may also include creation of profiles), and to keep you informed of EB Institute news, and the achievements and advances being made by the EB Institute, its students and staff, and our alumni.
Likewise, upon your express consent, we may also use your data to manage your interaction with EB Institute and to contact you by post, email, phone and/or text complying with any preferences you have expressed. In this sense, we may contact you to:
- send you promotional communications
- tell you about courses, events and programs
- tell you about the benefits of being an alumnus/a of the EB Institute, including discounts and services
- invite you to events hosted by the EB Institute, partner organisations or your fellow alumni (for example reunions)
- offer opportunities for you to engage with the EB Institute
You will always have the opportunity to opt out of any of these uses.
When you provide contact information you will be asked to provide consent for us to use that data for the purposes listed above. You can manage your communications preferences at any time.
Upon users’ express consent, EB Institute will take photographs and make videos of users who attend the course or organized events, in order to promote activities of EB Institute.
We are using WordPress as CMS (Content Management System) and it is using one “session cookie” when you enter the Website. We also use “wordpress_test_cookie” to check whether your web browser is set to allow or reject cookies.
For questions about the cookies we use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on cookies can be obtained at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
From time to time we may use your data for new purposes not currently described in this privacy notice. If our data practices change at some time in the future we will always post the policy changes on this page.
Your rights under current law
Under the GDPR you may exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion of data, request the processing to be restricted, oppose it or request data portability at any time by sending a written notice to Euroleague Properties SA, 60 Grand-Rue L-1660 Luxembourg, or by sending an email to email@example.com, clearly indicating the right you wish to exercise and attaching a copy of your national identification document or similar document proving your identity.
Questions and suggestions
Updated October 2019